1. Nurture your relationship with each other first and foremost. The relationship between husband and wife trumps everything else in a marriage. Get it right and good things follow. Get it wrong and lots of bad things often happen!
2. Make a concerted effort to keep the flame of your love affair alive with each other everyday. Never let boredom take over your marriage.
3. Enhance your love relationship by providing each other occasional time for privacy and aloneness. Time alone is good for the soul; it nourishes the spirit.
4. Approach all challenges with teamwork and open communication. Never be judgmental, since passing judgment on an idea can often lead to the death of open and honest debate between two people.
5. Don’t blame each other when things get tough, as casting blame never solved a problem. Saying “It’s your fault” is a sure way to cause an unnecessary argument.
6. Don’t wallow in self-pity; it is a wasted emotion.
7. While love is simple to understand, people don’t always do the simple things necessary to make love last. Being IN love is easy, but making love last for a lifetime takes hard work. Successful marriage is an accumulation of having done the simple things each day.